• Posted by Amorette on January 21, 2022 at 5:17 pm

Hello everyone! On behalf of the MAP Academy, I’d like to welcome you to our meet and greet. Here, you can introduce yourself and get to know one another.

As researchers, we had a great time working on the development of this course, and we’re really excited to be sharing it with you! We’d love to know what made you interested in textiles. You can also share what you hope to learn by the end of your journey, and revisit this forum as you complete the lessons.

Kathy replied 3 days, 10 hours ago 81 Members · 158 Replies
  • 158 Replies
  • Meera

February 14, 2022 at 7:39 pm

Hello Amorette, I was invited to do this course by my daughter. And yes, I am enjoying it. I became interested in fabrics when I started working in the garment industry in the 1980s. It helped me to understand fabric content, construction and application. Also I became aware of the intricacies of different fabrics or textiles, how to care for them, how to use them etc.

Today when I logged into continue the course, the site is not recording the results of the quiz so I am unable to move forward.

Can you help me with this please?

Thanking you,

Meera Butalia

• Amorette

February 15, 2022 at 2:57 pm

Hi Meera!

Thank you for choosing to take the course. It’s lovely to hear about your experience in the textile industry. We hope this course will add value to your existing knowledge on the subject.

Thank you also for flagging this problem with us. Do check your private messages where we’ve responded to this – you can access it by clicking the drop-down menu right next to your name in the top right corner of the screen. Feel free to let us know in case we can help you with anything else!

• SurbhiMittal

February 14, 2022 at 8:44 pm

Hello everyone! I’m Surbhi and I work in the socio-cultural sphere as a business consultant. I’m so glad to see that MAP Academy has launched, that too with a course on Indian Textiles! I’m going to get to it and would love to share my feedback to help you guys improve the UX and content 🙂

• Amorette

February 16, 2022 at 5:04 pm

Hi Surbhi,

Welcome, and thank you for joining us on this journey! We’re so happy to share our work with you. We hope that this Course will be an exciting one. We’d be eager to know about what you think of textile history based on your background in the socio-cultural sphere!

• Preeti Philip

February 15, 2022 at 5:32 pm

Hi everyone! I’m Preeti, I’m an artist and an art educator. I have been extremely fascinated with textiles, their histories and stories behind their creation for many years. I am so looking forward to taking this course! 🙂

Preeti Philip

• Amorette

February 16, 2022 at 5:05 pm

Hi Preeti,

Welcome! We’re happy to have you here! We hope that this Course gives you a chance to explore your fascination with textiles even further. Feel free to let us know more about your experience with it through our feedback form!

• ShwetaP

February 16, 2022 at 4:12 pm

Hello Amorette / Everyone,

I am a journalist and a MAP regular. I have always been interested in textiles and have many friends in the profession. I came across this course and thought it would enrich me.

Hope to learn a lot more from each other in this forum!

Regards,

Shweta Parande

• Amorette

February 16, 2022 at 5:24 pm

Hi Shweta!

Thank you so much for enrolling in the Course and for being a part of our community! We hope that you enjoy the Course, and that it deepens your interest in textiles. As you proceed, feel free to share your thoughts, insights and reflections in the other discussion threads in this forum!

• tasqeenm@gmail.com

February 16, 2022 at 4:39 pm

Hello Everyone

I work with a Philanthropy. I love to wear handloom saris and visit weavers during my travels. That is what drew me to this course on Indian textiles.

Peace

Tasqeen

• Amorette

February 16, 2022 at 5:26 pm

Hi Tasqeen!

Welcome, and thank you so much for joining us! We hope you enjoy this journey. We’d love to hear more about your experiences with textile artisans! Feel free to share your knowledge with the community in our ‘Textiles and Community’ discussion thread.

• Shravani

February 19, 2022 at 1:08 pm

Hello Amorette and everyone! I am Shravani Deshmukh and I am an Intellectual Property and Fashion Lawyer. I have immense interest and passion for the arts and fashion. I work with Cultural Intellectual Property Rights Initiative where we want to bridge the gap in working with mainstream fashion industry and artisans and spread awareness about the rights of Traditional Knowledge holders. I am thrilled to see this course and would love to further speak with Team Map 🙂

Best

Shravani

• Amorette

February 21, 2022 at 3:49 pm

Hi Shravani!

Thank you so much for joining us on this journey! We’re so thrilled to have you here. We hope this Course adds value to your knowledge and interest in the subject. We’re also looking forward to learning more from your insights and reflections as you proceed, especially since you work so closely with artisans, fashion designers and other practitioners. Feel free to fill our feedback form, or to reach out to us at hellomapacademy@map-india.org to continue the conversation.

• oeendrila

March 30, 2023 at 8:49 pm

Hi Shravani, we should talk!

• Elizabeth Philip

March 5, 2022 at 2:03 pm

Hello! Not able to play the first video.

• Amorette

March 7, 2022 at 6:32 pm

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for being a part of our community and thank you so much for flagging this with us! We are working with our development team to fix the technical issue at hand. You should be able to resume the course once it is resolved – we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as it is!

• Shaurya

March 6, 2022 at 5:11 am

Hi Everyone

I’m Shaurya!

I worked in Corporate Finance and M&A until very recently and now exploring fast fashion/apparels space for entrepreneurship. Here to build a fundamental understanding of textiles, and everything that goes into clothing/fashion.

Open to connecting with other folks in the space – I’m at shaurya.rastogi@alumni.psu.edu / LinkedIn.

Shaurya

• Amorette

March 7, 2022 at 6:34 pm

Hi Shaurya,

Welcome to the community, we are delighted to have you here!

We hope you enjoy the Course, and that it adds value to your interest in the field. We also hope that it provides you with the introduction to textiles that you are looking for. Feel free to reach out to us at hellomapacademy@map-india.org if you need any help or if you want to continue our conversation!

• amritadas

March 6, 2022 at 7:36 pm

Hi Amorette, my name is Amrita and I have varied interests. India’s traditional art and crafts has been one of many interests and have written extensively about it too, as a freelance travel journalist. I have studied photography and professionally work as a photo editor.

I have just started with the course and for some reason the first video is not playing for me. I’ve tried opening it both on Safari and Chrome browsers. Please help me with this! Thanks much!

• amritadas

March 6, 2022 at 7:48 pm

I think none of the videos are playing. Please help with this when possible.

• Amorette

March 7, 2022 at 6:34 pm

Hi Amrita!

Welcome aboard! We’re so excited to have you joining us on this journey!

Thank you so much for flagging the technical issue with us. We have taken it up with our developers who are currently working on fixing the issue. You should be able to access it soon and we’ll be sure to let you know once the problem is resolved. We hope you will enjoy the Course, once you’re able to play the videos!

Feel free to message us to write to us at hellomapacademy@map-india.org if this persists, or if you need additional help with anything.

• Aatika

March 15, 2022 at 10:54 pm

Hello Amorette,

Hope you are doing well. Firstly, congratulations to you and the team for successfully working on this project. My name is Aatika Fareed and I am currently pursuing my undergrad in History from Indraprastha College for Women. I have been following the MAP Academy for quite a while for its sheer amount of expertise and documented treasure in socio-cultural facets of history which our academics lack to an extent. Therefore, when I came to know about this course, I was immediately interested in applying to it to better understand the geographies and history of tangible heritage, in this case, textiles.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Aatika Fareed

• Amorette

March 16, 2022 at 1:49 pm

Hi Aatika!

Thank you so much for your message! We are so happy to have you as a member of our community and are thrilled that our work resonates with you so deeply. We hope you enjoy the many perspectives that we offer in this Course and that it adds value to your interests!

We would love to hear more about your experience with the Course. Feel free to fill out the feedback form after you finish to let us know your thoughts. You can also reach out to us directly at hellomapacademy@map-india.org to continue our conversation.

• Marta

March 17, 2022 at 9:01 pm

Hi. My daughter recommended this course to me. She is a librarian in the Asian Reading Room at the Library of Congress. Her specialty is Indian fabric and embroidery. I am a craftsman in many areas, and am very interested in learning more about Indian fabrics. Thanks for this course!

Marta Giles

martamarie.giles@gmail.com

• Amorette

March 23, 2022 at 10:50 am

Hi Marta,

Welcome to the community! Thank you so much for joining us and we’re really happy that your daughter recommended our Course to you! We hope that you enjoy the Course and that it gives you the opportunity to explore your interest in Indian fabrics further. Feel free to let us know more about your experience with it through our feedback form!

• Christine

March 19, 2022 at 1:52 am

Hello!

My name is Christine but everyone calls me Cheeky. I’m a textile artist. I spin, knit, and weave. If I’m not actually practicing my craft then I want to learn everything I can about textiles from around the world. I also teach about the how to’s and history of textiles to school children in my area.

• Amorette

March 23, 2022 at 12:04 pm

Hello Christine!

Thank you so much for choosing to take our Course and for being a part of our community! We hope you enjoy it! We’d love to hear more about your creative practice and the many ways you have engaged with textiles. Feel free to tell us more about your experiences and also your thoughts and reflections about this Course in our other discussion threads in this forum!

• Vidya

April 29, 2022 at 10:42 am

Hi Amorette!

I love textiles especially Indian. I wear hand woven clothes and love going to the museum and the shops here.

I was a business journalist and ran a Cover on Indian Design in 2004. I watch Design very carefully.

I am now curating the history curriculum (especially Indian History) in an alternate School called Prakriti in Noida and integrate art and other disciplines into it.

Vidya

• Amorette

April 29, 2022 at 5:12 pm

Hi Vidya,

Welcome and thank you for choosing to take the Course! We’re so happy to have you here! We hope that you enjoy this journey and that it adds value to your interest in textiles from the Indian subcontinent. As you proceed through the Course, feel free to tell us more about yourself and to share more of your experiences with textiles in the other discussion threads!

• JOAQUIN

April 29, 2022 at 9:46 pm

Hello Amorette:

I am Versucher:

I don’t know exactly know how I came across this course while browsing, but it looks very interesting. I am a senior with background in Chemical Engineering and ignorant about textiles. I am taking it to expand my knowledge.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Versucher

• Amorette

May 2, 2022 at 5:40 pm

Hi Versucher,

Welcome to our community! We are thrilled that you found our course and we hope that you enjoy learning about textiles from the Indian subcontinent. As you proceed, feel free to share your thoughts, insights and reflections in the other discussion threads in this forum!

• Hartley

April 30, 2022 at 8:17 pm

Hi Amorette. I’ve registered & I have clicked on Start Course, but the units are still locked. Please advise.

• Amorette

May 2, 2022 at 5:20 pm

Hi!

Thank you so much for enrolling in our course! We’re so happy to have you here.

Do check your private messages where we’ve responded to your query – you can access it by clicking the drop-down menu right next to your name (or the inbox icon) in the top right corner of the screen. Feel free to let us know in case we can help you with anything else!

Page 1 of 6

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now