Quiz 1 of 0
Test Your Knowledge
We hope you enjoyed learning about the various artistic explorations and movements during the decades that followed India’s independence. As you engage more deeply with the field, you will notice how these developments and choices continue to influence the visual language of modern and contemporary Indian art. Take this short quiz to make sure you remember all the important details from this Lesson.
0 of 11 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 11 Questions answered correctly in Completion Time
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
- Not Answered
- Founded by artists MF Husain, FN Souza, KH Ara, SH Raza, HA Gade and S Bakre, the ______________ Artists’ Group worked to fracture colonial traces and carve a new and modern path for Indian art.
2. Which among the following descriptions can be best applied to MF Husain’s ‘Man’? You may select more than one answer.CorrectIncorrect
3. Featured here is the self-portrait of an artist painted in a style similar to that of Picasso. Describing himself as a revolutionary modernist, he was known for his controversial depictions of Jesus, women and the human nude. Identify the artist.CorrectIncorrect
4. In his artwork ‘Bharata Natya,’ KH Ara depicts Indian classical dancer Ram Gopal’s performance using a traditional aesthetic style that is unique to South Indian art and architecture.CorrectIncorrect
5. VS Gaitonde’s abstract works elude a quiet, meditative quality through their deep tones, harmony and symmetry of form inspired by his study of ________.CorrectIncorrect
6. What is an accurate definition of ‘abstract art’? You may select more than one answer.CorrectIncorrect
7. Which of the following statements are true about Nasreen Mohamedi’s works? You may select more than one answer.CorrectIncorrect
8. Through the materiality of surfaces of scratched or perforated paper, Zarina speaks of the violence of Partition, personal loss and longing in her Pin Drawing series.CorrectIncorrect
9. Drag and drop the name of the artist to their corresponding artwork that engages with the theme of Partition and its aftermath.
- Krishen Khanna
- Tyeb Mehta
10. Indian abstraction is a modern invention rooted entirely in the Euro-American art practices of the 1950s.CorrectIncorrect
11. Drag and drop the name of the artist to their corresponding artworks.
- VS Gaitonde
- Nasreen Mohamedi