Quiz 1 of 0
Test Your knowledge
Congratulations on completing this Lesson! As we have seen, narrative figuration developed in 1970s Baroda and Bombay, and significantly shaped Indian art. This approach allowed artists to use a combination of real and imagined spaces to tell stories about local politics, social realities and the human condition.
With this, you have also reached the halfway point in the Course. We hope you’re enjoying it so far! Before you continue with the rest of the Lessons, take this short quiz to test your vocabulary and recall.
0 of 11 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 11 Questions answered correctly in Completion Time
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
- Not Answered
- What were some of the distinctive pedagogical trends that emerged during the late 20th century at the Faculty of Fine Arts at MS University Baroda?
2. What is Narrative Figuration?CorrectIncorrect
3. Which of the following artists is known for works that embody a satirical approach to portraiture?CorrectIncorrect
4. Which European art movement influenced the composition of this painting by Gieve Patel?CorrectIncorrect
5. Based on these two artworks, what commonalities do Gieve Patel and Sudhir Patwardhan’s practices share?CorrectIncorrect
6. The Group Exhibitions of the 1970s marked an important shift in Indian art as artists took on the role of activists to protest against elitist institutions, corrupt governments and political systems.CorrectIncorrect
7. What does Bhupen Khakhar reference in this painting?CorrectIncorrect
8. Which art critic protested against Prime Minister Indira Gandhi’s government through important essays which critiqued state policies and corruption, and offered support to dissenting artists?CorrectIncorrect
9. Drag and drop the name of the artist to their corresponding artwork.
- Bhupen Khakhar
- Gieve Patel
- Sudhir Patwardhan
10. Among the following, select the names of 5 artists associated with the Faculty of Fine Arts at MS University Baroda.CorrectIncorrect
11. Which of the following statements together best describes this painting by Sudhir Patwardhan? Choose all the appropriate statements to complete the visual analysis.CorrectIncorrect