Quiz 1 of 0
Test Your Knowledge
You’re now past the halfway point in this Course, congratulations! So far we’ve covered various movements and developments in Indian art. In this Lesson, we’ve also gone beyond traditional mediums of art to look at the rise of photography, multimedia and performance art, as well as explored the emergence of artists collectives. Take this quiz to recollect key aspects of the Course!
0 of 11 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 11 Questions answered correctly in Completion Time
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
- Not Answered
- What are some of the distinct representations in colonial photographs from the Indian subcontinent? You may select more than one answer.
2. How do modern and contemporary Indian artists go beyond artistic mediums like traditional painting and sculpture in their practice?CorrectIncorrect
3. Drag and drop the name of the artist to their corresponding artwork.
- Sonia Khurana
- Nikhil Chopra
- Pushpamala N
- Desire Machine Collective
4. Which of the following statements are true about performance art? You may choose more than one answer.CorrectIncorrect
5. Considered a pioneer of performance art in India, Sonia Khurana’s ‘Bharatmata’ offers a satirical, cynical and feminist take on colonial and nationalist image practices.CorrectIncorrect
6. Which among the following collectives commented on mass hysteria, crime and urban development through their work ‘5 Pieces of Evidence’ based on Delhi’s ‘Monkey Man’?CorrectIncorrect
7. Which performance artist enacts the prominent characters of Yog Raj Chitrakar and Sir Raja to stage an interplay of history and memory, performance and painting?CorrectIncorrect
8. How does Sonia Khurana’s ‘Bird’ offer an important critique of social inequalities and standards?CorrectIncorrect
- Which of the following statements best describes this photograph by Pushpamala N? You may select more than one answer.
10. How can developments in technology influence artistic practices? You may select more than one answer.CorrectIncorrect
- Which among the following represents the ways in which artists in India have worked with the camera?