Quiz 1 of 0
Test Your Knowledge
Congratulations on finishing all the Topics in the first Lesson of this Course! You’re now ready to take a short quiz to check your progress. This includes fill-in-the-blank, true or false, multiple-choice and sorting-choice questions, which will help reinforce the key terms, movements, artistic styles and ideas you just learnt.
Please note that once you click on ‘Start Quiz’ below, you won’t be able to refer to the topics or take breaks without having to restart, so prepare to answer all of the questions in one sitting. When you complete the quiz you can review your answers, and are free to retake it as many times as you like before you move on to the next Lesson. Good luck!
0 of 11 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 11 Questions answered correctly in Completion Time
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
- Not Answered
- What are some of the ways in which Indian modern and contemporary artists have engaged with the region’s rich history and heritage?
2. The artist MF Husain is best known for his ‘Bindu Paintings’.CorrectIncorrect
3. What does the backlash against MF Husain’s ‘Saraswati’ tell us about art and the political climate in India?CorrectIncorrect
4. Art schools in India were started by the East India Company to inculcate an appreciation of art and architecture in the country, and to provide formal training.CorrectIncorrect
5. Drag and drop the name of the artist to the corresponding artwork.
- Desmond Lazaro
- PT Reddy
- Gulammohammed Sheikh
- LN Tallur
6. What are some of the ways in which an understanding or knowledge of iconography can help us read an artwork?CorrectIncorrect
7. Artworks from the past have often served as pedagogical tools for artists in India.CorrectIncorrect
- What are some of the themes that these artworks by PT Reddy and SH Raza embody?
- The ways in which audiences perceive certain imagery do not remain static throughout time.
10. How has Gulammohammed Sheikh reinterpreted the visual vocabulary of the Kaavad or the portable shrine in his artworks? You may select more than one answer.CorrectIncorrect
11. Artists responding to concepts and imagery from older traditions tend to replicate them exactly.CorrectIncorrect