• Akanksha

March 16, 2024 at 5:31 pm

Hello!
    My name is Akanksha Saxena. I hail from a small town called Aligarh in Uttar Pradesh, India. I have been a digital journalist for around three years. Last year, I graduated with a Masters degree in Arts and Culture from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. In the past, my journalism has focused on very mainstream beats such as politics, national news, and the like. I have even covered niche beats such as LGBTQ+ issues, Healthcare, Mental Health, etc. I went to New York City to get more insight into the Arts and Culture ambit and use it in my future reporting.
    I am so excited to do an Arts History course, especially looking into Modern and Contemporary Art in India. South Asian art has been something that I have always wanted to focus on. In one of my assignments in Graduate School was a profile of a Pakistani-American artist named Sanie Bokhari who uses Mughal miniature art techniques in her rather modern creations that talk about her journey as a Muslim woman living in the west.

I hope to connect with the others in the course. I am also excited to enrich my knowledge since I am currently unemployed and hope that whatever I learn here, I am able to apply it in my work.

Thank you!