• Teresa

September 26, 2022 at 6:45 pm

Hello Amorette,

I read about MAP Academy from and ArtNet newsletter that I receive daily. The article was about the new online encyclopedia of Indian art: a first of its kind! Congratulations to you and your team!

My fascination with textiles has been lifelong. Now that I am retired, I am exploring my artistic interests and was drawn to your course on textiles. I was born in USA (and live in California), and have been married to a Punjabi for over 40 years, so I have had the immense privilege of visiting India many times, of being gifted saris, suits, shawls and phulkaris from generous friends and family, and I am simply fascinated by textiles, cloth, and the different ways to use them.

I would love to see a course on the unique ways that people use unstitched cloth for their clothing. The turban is a great example of how individuals use unstitched cloth for self-expression (in addition to religious expression).

I love visiting cloth markets in India: the sights, the smells, the sensation of the fabrics: are a feast for the senses!

I am looking forward to viewing all of the videos in your course. Thank you for offering your course worldwide.