• Meet and Greet

• Dale

November 19, 2023 at 2:08 am

Hello All, My name is Dale and I am from Canada. I have been fascinated with South Asian textiles for many years and now I welcome the opportunity to learn more in a structured setting through this MAP course.

• Krishna

Administrator
      November 21, 2023 at 4:47 pm

Hi Dale, itā€™s exciting to know about your sustained interest in South Asian textiles. Thank you so much for enrolling in our course. I hope youā€™re enjoying it! Weā€™d love to hear your thoughts and feedback on the lessons once you complete them!

• Bhavya

November 21, 2023 at 12:43 pm

Hello everyone! I am Bhavya Gaur and I recently completed my masters from SOAS, University of London. During my time in London, I got an excellent opportunity to research on the collection of textiles in Museum Rietberg, Switzerland which introduced me to the beautiful and colorful world of South Asian textiles. I enrolled in this course to learn basics things about techniques and their history which will be foundational for me as an aspiring Art History scholar.

• Krishna

Administrator
      November 21, 2023 at 4:48 pm

Hello Bhavya, your research work sounds fascinating! Thank you so much for choosing to join our community. If you are interested, you may check out our website for more resources on art history. Do share it with your friends and fellow art history enthusiasts from University! I hope you enjoy the course!

• Harshita

December 5, 2023 at 2:34 pm

Hello, I am Harshita and I joined this course to fuel my interest in textiles and it has been informative so far. I do have a question: I am having a bit of trouble understanding how to answer drag and drop questions. I think I rearranged the tabs in the order but the answer was still shown as wrong, do guide me about the same, thanks!

• Krishna

Administrator
      December 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm

Hi Harshita, thank you for flagging your concern! The tabs on top are to be dragged and dropped to correspond with the images/text provided below them. In the case of questions that require you to arrange them in a chronological order, the tabs are to be rearranged (by dragging and dropping) ā€” from top to bottom. Hope this helps. In case the issue still persists, please reach out to us with the details at hellomapacademy@map-india.org.

• Lakshmi

December 25, 2023 at 8:59 am

Hi,

I am a television producer and I have been fascinated by our textile traditions ever since I filmed with weavers in Varanasi and Sambhalpur in 2005. I hope to get a more structured understanding through this course.

• Krishna

Administrator
      January 30, 2024 at 12:59 pm

Hello Lakshmi, thank you for enrolling in our course and for sharing your journey with textiles, with us. We hope you find the course insightful. Happy learning!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Krishna.
  • Vaibhavi

December 27, 2023 at 11:21 pm

Hello everyone,

I am Vaibhavi and I work in the publishing industry. I am a passionate fashion enthusiast and my love for textiles has been influenced by the women in my family. I am thrilled to be a part of this course and hope it helps enhance my knowledge and understanding of the history of fabrics. Thank you!

• Krishna

Administrator
      January 30, 2024 at 1:09 pm

Hi Vaibhavi, thank you for choosing our course! Gendered expressions and experiences of working with textiles is something we briefly cover in some of our lessons, and we’re sure you’ll be able to add to the discussion based on your own personal encounters with the subject. Hope you find the course insightful.

• D Ganesh

January 14, 2024 at 2:57 pm

Hellooo there…I’m Ganesh,an art student.

Excited to start this course and more curious to explore…

• Krishna

Administrator
      January 30, 2024 at 1:10 pm

Welcome aboard, Ganesh. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the course, and happy learning!

• Pranjal

January 22, 2024 at 8:36 pm

Hello everyone, Myself Pranjal I’m a design student just starting out in the real world. Even though I have no professional connection to textiles and fabrics, I am inspired by Indian textiles very much and adore it with all my attention. I have always been curious about it and hence this course. I hope to get to learn new things and have a great time with y’all here!

• Krishna

Administrator
      January 30, 2024 at 1:13 pm

Thank you for joining, Pranjal! We’re delighted to have you with us and hope that the course allows you to engage more deeply with textiles. Feel free to share your thoughts and feedback here on the forum and reach out in case you have any queries or concerns.

• Saru

February 5, 2024 at 12:34 pm

Hi Amorette,

This is Saru. I’m an HR by profession and, an art enthusiast by passion.
    Happy to be part of this community and sure do hope to learn a lot via this course.

• Rohini

February 21, 2024 at 12:40 am

Hello!

I am Rohini and am a Fashion Design student based in New York. I was sent this course by my mother since we’re both greatly interested in Indian Textile History and I would love to learn more about it, due to our personal interest in it but also because of the themes I’m exploring for my thesis work! šŸ™‚

• Amruta

February 21, 2024 at 12:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am Amruta. Professionally i am a Consumer Insights Professional and working in the world of brands and consumers. I was searching for some material/course in the space of Indian History and Culture and came across MAP Academy. I am new to this space and really excited to start my journey.

Looking forward to interacting with you.

Cheers…..

• Antariksha

April 4, 2024 at 2:41 pm

Hello everyone!

I am an under-graduate student currently pursuing my bachelor’s in History. Art and culture has always enthralled me, and am very excited to have been introduced to this course where I will learn about fabrics and textiles .

Regards

Antariksha Chatterjee

• Vartika

April 5, 2024 at 1:56 pm

Hello Amorette!

As a visual communication student, my fascination with art extends beyond traditional boundaries to encompass textiles. Colors, exploring the narratives, and unraveling their history has consistently captivated me. Consequently, I am driven to broaden my understanding across various artistic domains, seeking to immerse myself in diverse realms of creativity.

Thanks & Regards,

Vartika Gupta.

• Debbie

April 13, 2024 at 6:33 pm

Hello Amorette,

• My name is Debbie Skinner, I have always been interested in textiles especially from other countries. I’m not sure how i received the email inviting me to this course but I’m glad that I received it. I’ve been sewing since I was 10 years old started in Girl Scouts making a dress with the help of my grandmother. Quilting has been my passion since 1984.
  • Aditi

April 22, 2024 at 11:38 pm

Hello Amorette!

Iā€™m Aditi, a Literature student with diverse interests. I’m extremely fascinated on exploring the cultural heritage of India, textiles being one of the major parts of it. I’ve been very keen to know more about the different types of textiles across India, the history and stories behind them, and the course seemed perfect for it. I’m super excited to start!

Aditi

• Delia

April 26, 2024 at 12:24 pm

Hello, my name is Delia and I’m happy to be taking this course.

Page 5 of 5

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now