• Akshay

November 21, 2023 at 4:16 pm
    • HEY everyone! I am Akshay Sawant from Maharashtra. I have done my Masters in Archaeology. Interested in Indian Art and Architecture, Iconography, Prehistory, Ancient Sciences, Field Archaeology, Rock Paintings And Manuments and other related topics to archaeological studies. Currently I am looking for research opportunities to build up my knowledge and strength in academic sector. And I know that, this course will help me in it along with my research works. It will open door for new research areas.
    • Krishna

Administrator
      November 21, 2023 at 4:44 pm

Hi Akshay, thanks for joining! We’re delighted to have you here with us. Your research interests sound quite exciting. I hope taking the course proves to be a rewarding experience for you. Feel free to reach out to us here in case you have any questions or concerns. Happy learning!

• saras.kg@gmail.com

November 21, 2023 at 7:26 pm

I’m just interested in art, and find myself baffled by a lot of contemporary work. I’m hoping to expand my appreciation and understanding by taking this course. Fingers crossed! Saras

• Krishna

Administrator
      November 23, 2023 at 10:37 am

Hello Saras, thank you for enrolling in our course and joining our community of enthusiastic learners! We hope the course allows you to pursue your interest in contemporary art more thoroughly. You may use this space to share your feedback and insights with us as you move forward with the lessons.

• Roshan

November 22, 2023 at 11:13 am

Hello,

My name is Roshan. I have been working in Engineering and IT services over the last twenty years. While I have no formal education in ART, over the last eight years I have been interested in Indian masters in Contemporary Art. I am looking forward to completing the course and learning from your experience.

Regards

Roshan

• Krishna

Administrator
      November 23, 2023 at 12:47 pm

Hi Roshan, thank you for sharing your story and your interest in learning about contemporary art and artists. Welcome to the MAP Academy community! We’d love to hear your thoughts on the course and what stood out to you. Feel free to use the discussion threads here to share them with the community.

• Dr. shruti nada

November 23, 2023 at 11:17 am

Hello everyone! I am a lover of heritage and ever-evolving culture, both tangible and intangible, and a seeker of wisdom and knowledge from all aspects and discipline with a degree in Mathematical Statistics from delhi University.

I also do workshops, retreats and lectures on wellness, integral health, vibrational (Nada) healing, as well as on aspects and texts of ancient Indian spirituality, wisdom and culture. I am also a musician and my formal recordings are mostly spiritual chants and some folk music.

Currently I am intensely involved in the resurrection of Shekhawati, a heritage region often called the “Open-air art gallery of India” and perhaps the world. Along with our foundation, Shruti Foundation and in my capacity at Convener, INTACH Shekhawati Chapter, we are working on various front – Conservation of 19th and early 20 century letters art and artefacts, conservation of Heritage buildings; Havelies, the Fort, the Veda temple and more. We have also created an annual festival, VHAH FEST (Vedaaranya Heritage and Healing Festival) since 2016, and have created heritage hotels and residencies to facilitate the all encompassing dream of saving and reviving almost forgotten Indian heritage from the grassroots with its epicentre at Ramgarh Shekhawati, Rajasthan. There is so much 19th and 20th century art in this region that i now have a collection of oleographs from many contemporary artists and also Jain cosmological art. I believe this course will help me to delve deeper into the cognition of my own collections and much more!

Looking forward to this journey

Dr. Shruti Nada Poddar

http://www.shrutinada.com | http://www.vedaaranya.com | http://www.shrutifoundation.org

• Krishna

Administrator
      November 29, 2023 at 12:43 pm

Hi Dr. Shruti, thank you for sharing your experiences in consistently engaging with visual arts, music and heritage. We are delighted to hear about your contemporary art collection! I hope that the course adds to your knowledge and passion for the subject. We would love to hear your thoughts and feedback once you complete the lessons. Happy learning!

• Eleonora

November 25, 2023 at 2:59 pm

Hi everyone! My name is Eleonora Ghedini and I’m an art historian, originally, from the Dolomites in Italy. I’ve been living for almost a decade in Venice, where I got my MA in History of Arts and Conservation of Cultural Heritage (Contemporary Art) from Ca’ Foscari University and a certificate in Curatorial Practices and Contemporary Arts from the School for Curatorial Studies Venice. I also later specialized in Museum Education. I’m currently a contributing writer for STIRworld and I’m eager to learn more about Indian art and culture.

• Krishna

Administrator
      November 29, 2023 at 12:37 pm

Hello Eleonora, we’re delighted to have you with us here! It’s thrilling to hear about your background in contemporary art, curation and conservation. We hope our course adds value to your existing knowledge and interest in the subject. We’d love to hear your thoughts and reflections as you proceed with the lessons.

• Rinku

November 29, 2023 at 4:15 pm

Hi! My name is Rinku Jain. I’ve worn many hats! Worked in the retail space, as an entrepreneur, and until recently as a financial advisor. I am extremely passionate about investing and art. I run a course for know nothing investors, that helps them understand the basics of investing in a jargon free, interactive co hort based environment.

I would now like to build my personal art collection of modern and contemporary Indian Art, and possibly work in a space that can help people understand Art as an asset class, with a focus on the potential of Indian Art.

I am looking forward to this course to build my knowledge of Indian Art, and help me take steps to building my collection.

A great initiative by MAP Academy. Thank you!

• Krishna

Administrator
      December 5, 2023 at 2:17 pm

Hi Rinku, we’re delighted to have you here! Thank you for choosing our course. I hope you find it engaging, informative and useful for the work that you wish to do. Feel free to also check out our website for more resources to strengthen your foundations on contemporary Indian art. Good luck and happy learning!

• Tanusha

December 12, 2023 at 8:41 pm

Heya,

I am Tanusha, an architect pursuing MA in History presently. An inclination to art yet never really put my foot into these waters. yet I do practice traditional forms of painting- Pichwai, orissa Pattachithra, mysore, tanjore art and kerla mural art as pf now and planning to learn a couple more. This seemed like the perfect plpace to start.

• Krishna

Administrator
      December 20, 2023 at 1:55 pm

Hi Tanusha, thanks for joining our community. Your interest in art is evident from the varied forms of traditional painting that you practise. We hope this course allows you to also explore the avenues of modern and contemporary Indian art. Feel free to share your thoughts on the lessons with us here on the forum!

• Rakhi

December 16, 2023 at 1:24 am

Hello Everyone,

I am Rakhi Yadav, M.A. History student, Lady Shri Ram College for women, University of Delhi. My specialization is Ancient History in masters. I am keenly interested in South Asian art, want to understand the different aspect of South Asian art such as ancient painting, temples art & architecture. So, I think this would be the best platform and a intriguing opportunity for me to acknowledge the south asian art.

• Krishna

Administrator
      December 20, 2023 at 2:24 pm

Hi Rakhi, thank you for sharing your passion for South Asian art with us. Our upcoming course on architecture will definitely be of interest to you. Looking forward to having you with us on this journey. If you like the course, feel free to share it with your friends from college. Happy learning!

• Suzanna

December 18, 2023 at 2:58 pm

Hello, and thank you so much for putting this together. I’m Suzanna and I’m a Creative Director with a digital tech org that’s part of the Publicis Groupe. I’m here for the tangible and the rooted and to bring about a balance in my life because it’s currently it is so veered towards digital media in the ad space.

• Krishna

Administrator
      December 20, 2023 at 2:27 pm

Hello Suzanna, welcome aboard! Thank you for choosing our course. We hope you find our lessons engaging, enriching and fulfilling. Do share your feedback and takeaways from the course with us as you make more progress with it.

• Shiv

January 6, 2024 at 1:20 am

Hello everyone, my name is Shiv and I look forward to taking this course and learning about modern and contemporary art in India. At some point I am interested in starting an art gallery – focusing on contemporary art in India that highlights themes related to environmental issues and wildlife and nature conservation and tribal /folk art. I think this course might be the first baby step in that direction. I am also keenly interested in art and architecture conservation – especially restoration of (orphaned) temples and the cultural eco-systems that sustain art and architectural heritage. I look forward to exchanging ideas with the other participants.

• Krishna

Administrator
      January 30, 2024 at 11:03 am

Hello Shiv, we’re excited to have you here! Thank you for sharing your subject interests with us. We hope that our course provides you valuable insights for your journey ahead.

• Anushri

January 8, 2024 at 2:54 pm

Hello, This is Anushri Tyagi from Mumbai. I have recently completed my Masters in Ancient Indian History Culture and Archaeology. Since our course was dedicated to Ancient Indian History, after completion of our course I felt like I should learn more not to restrict myself to just Ancient history because Modern and Contemporary Art are nowadays have a bigger scope so I was looking for such courses then across this course. I saw this as a great opportunity to learn it in a short span of time. Looking forward to utilize this short online course.Thankyou MAP Academy.

• Krishna

Administrator
      January 30, 2024 at 11:03 am

Hello Anushri, thanks for choosing our course. Hope you enjoy your journey with us. Please feel free to use this space to share your takeaways from the course or any queries you may have!

• Chaitra

January 8, 2024 at 6:27 pm

Hi everyone,

I’m Chaitra here from Bangalore. I’m a branding and graphic design professional, with a degree in applied art from chitrakala Parishath. Being part of the advertising industry for the past 20 years, even though I’m still at the core into art and design, I felt it had taken me far away from pure artform. I wanted take a break form the commercial side of art and re immerse myself into the beauty and aesthetics of our Indian art.

• Krishna

Administrator
      January 30, 2024 at 11:09 am

Hi Chaitra, we’re excited to hear about your background in applied art. Hope you find what you are looking for in this course. We also have a live lecture series on Indian craft histories coming up soon which might be of interest to you. Do keep an eye out for updates on our website for more information!

• shahrbanoo

January 10, 2024 at 4:47 pm

Hello

Happy New Year and best wishes for everyone

I am Shahrbanoo Arabian. I used to be a teacher. I was interested in art since I was little. I am still engaged in artistic works such as carpet weaving and enameling. I like to improve my skills. I am happy to be here and I am grateful to the organizers of this course.

• Krishna

Administrator
      January 30, 2024 at 11:59 am

Delighted to have you with us here, Shahrbanoo. Thank you for choosing our course! We hope you find your journey with us enriching and fulfilling. Looking forward to hearing your feedback and takeaways from the course.

• Ashok

January 21, 2024 at 4:47 pm

Hello and greetings to fellow art enthusiasts! My name is George and I am from Gurgaon, India. I am thrilled to be part of the upcoming course on Modern & Contemporary Indian Art, and I’d like to share a bit about my journey over the past 40 years.

Throughout my professional life, I have dedicated myself to various facets of Learning & Development, Business Coaching, Performance Management, Diversity, Management, Execution, and HR consulting. My career has been a mosaic of experiences, contributing to sectors as diverse as Financial Services, Education, Agro, Pharmaceuticals, Office Automation, Airlines, Automobiles, FMCG, IT, ITES, and Management Consulting.

What truly sets my journey apart is the kaleidoscope of geographies I’ve had the privilege of working in. From India to the UK, Malaysia to Mauritius, Nepal to Singapore, and beyond – my experiences have spanned diverse cultural landscapes, including Bangkok, Indonesia, Bahrain, Dubai, Saudi Arabia, and the Philippines.

As we delve into the world of Modern & Contemporary Indian Art, I am eager to explore the rich tapestry of artistic expression in the Indian context and to engage in discussions that bridge the past and present in the world of art. Here’s to an exciting and enlightening journey ahead, where we can collectively appreciate and understand the dynamic evolution of Indian art. Cheers to the exploration!

• Krishna

Administrator
      January 30, 2024 at 12:06 pm

Hello George, thank you for joining and sharing your diverse professional experiences with us. It’s wonderful to see your enthusiasm for Modern and Contemporary art. Hope you enjoy your learning journey!

• Joseph

Administrator
    January 23, 2024 at 7:32 pm

Hi, My Name is Joseph Suum, I am a Designer and I am enamored with this online course! From the moment I embarked on this educational journey, I was immersed in a world of knowledge and growth. The course content is not only comprehensive but also presented in a way that resonates with my learning style.

This online free course has not only expanded my understanding of the subject matter but has also ignited a genuine passion for continuous learning.

• Krishna

Administrator
      January 30, 2024 at 12:10 pm

Thank you so much for your warm words, Joseph! We’re thrilled to know that you found the course insightful and engaging. Looking forward to your support and participation in all our upcoming courses and events!

Page 2 of 3

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now